Tracking down a few copies of The Book of the Yondotega Club wasn't that hard if you know where to look but it wasn't cheap. 3 copies cost me $120 and there isn't much difference between them save for the addition or subtraction depending on the year. I picked up the 1946, 1951 and 1959 copies because those were the only available ones besides a later 1960s copy with a $75 price tag on it that I couldn't justify getting. Anyway, I read the entire thing on YouTube (Yes, even every name and year included):
Detroit News , October 8, 1929 This is a long article about the Postal Service but our concern is with Arch Coleman, the first Assistant Postmaster-General, who recalled in his visit back to the town that he grew up in, that he was born in the house which was the first Yondotega Club at 302/518 East Jefferson. An article by the Free Press seemed to suggest that he was born nearby.

Comments
Post a Comment